Atlassian Add-on Hackathon:
Extend JIRA, Confluence, HipChat or Bitbucket
Thank you to everyone who participated in and supported Codegeist this year. We saw fantastic new add-ons for all of our products from nearly 1,000 developers and almost 120 valid entries; nearly 40% entry growth from our last Codegeist. Please congratulate and check out all the winners!
- Overall best add-on: Scrum Poker - Mobile Agile Management
- Popular choice add-on: Lucidchart OnPrem for Confluence Server
- Best newcomer cloud add-on: Presenter for Confluence
- Best JIRA Cloud add-on: Retrospective Tools for JIRA
- Best Bitbucket add-on: Fileviewer for Bitbucket Cloud
- Best Confluence Cloud add-on: Instant Websites for Confluence
- Best HipChat add-on: CallCenter for HipChat
Help thousands of teams around the world unleash their potential when they use:
What type of add-on should I build?
There are no limits to what you can build for Codegeist 2015. Here are some ideas to get your started:
Have a cloud application you want integrated with one of our products? Codegeist is your chance to build that integration.
Wish one of our products could do even more? Codegeist is your chance to extend our products and help teams work even smarter.
Already have an add-on in the marketplace that runs on our server products? Consider building a cloud version for Codegeist 2015. Or have a private add-on you've built for your own team? Codegeist is a great way to share it with the Atlassian community.
Is there an industry or business team that would benefit from the customization our products? Help these teams unleash their potential by building an add-on for Codegeist 2015.
Thousands of developers have participated in Codegeist over the last 8 years. For some inspiration checkout these past participants:
Why should I join Codegeist?
Make an Impact
You'll make a huge impact on how teams around the world get stuff done. Most of our customers use add-ons, and soon they could be using yours. Here are a couple customers that already use add-ons from the Atlassian Marketplace:
Everyone that signs up for Codegeist will get $75 in AWS hosting credit. And once you finish your add-on it'll be featured in the Atlassian Marketplace. You'll also get an awesome Codegeist t-shirt for participating. And if you win, your add-on will be featured on the Atlassian blog and you'll win cash prizes, including:
- Overall best add-on
- Popular choice add-on (decided by community voting on DevPost)
Cloud Only Prizes
This year we also have additional prizes for the best Cloud Add-ons:
- JIRA Cloud add-on
- Confluence Cloud add-on
- HipChat add-on
- Bitbucket add-on
- Newcomer cloud add-on (only available for new Marketplace vendors)
And any winner that builds a cloud add-on will receieve $5,000 in AWS credits. Thanks Amazon for providing these AWS credits to Codegeist participants and winners.
For more info about Codegeist 2015 checkout the FAQ.
Please read the full rules for eligibility.
Please read the full rules for submission requirements.
How to enter
- Register for the Codegeist hackathon on DevPost by clicking 'Register for this hackathon' on the top of this page.
- Fill out this registration form.
- Build an awesome cloud add-on. Check out our developer site to get started.
- Submit your add-on to the Atlassian Marketplace as public and check the "Codegeist 2015" box.
To submit a Bitbucket add-on follow these different steps.
- Create your submission on DevPost with:
- Your add-on's name
- Marketplace listing URL in the "Website URL" field.
- Banner image for your add-on via the image uploader
Is your add-on solving a real problem customers have?
Is your add-on creative and unique given the other add-ons in the market?
Does the add-on function as expected? Is it free of bugs?
Is the UI intuitive and in compliance with AUI? Is the listing informative including useful screenshots?